Without a Trained Economist in the group anymore, we have to learn this stuff elsewhere
bobg
2017-07-08 16:13:41 UTC
Luckily, we have gifted politicians who can break it down for us.

Rick Perry at a recent coal plant visit:"Here’s a little economics lesson:
supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand will follow."

I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Whiskers
2017-07-08 16:48:38 UTC
Post by bobg
Luckily, we have gifted politicians who can break it down for us.
Rick Perry at a recent coal plant visit:"Here’s a little economics
lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand
will follow."
I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Simple don't mean right.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
Peter Boulding
2017-07-08 18:14:05 UTC
Post by Whiskers
Post by bobg
Luckily, we have gifted politicians who can break it down for us.
Rick Perry at a recent coal plant visit:"Here’s a little economics
lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand
will follow."
I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Simple don't mean right.
From yesterday's Independent (UK):

"However, there is a chance that Mr Perry could have been referencing Say's
law of markets, an economic theory that argues supply is the origin of
demand.

"The US Department of Energy did not respond to CBS News’ request for
clarification on what the former governor of Texas meant."
--
Regards, Peter Boulding
***@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=794240&content=music
HVS
2017-07-08 18:32:35 UTC
On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 19:14:05 +0100, Peter Boulding
Post by Whiskers
Post by bobg
lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand
will follow."
I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Simple don't mean right.
"However, there is a chance that Mr Perry could have been
referencing Say's
law of markets, an economic theory that argues supply is the origin of
demand.
If you build it, they will come. Sometimes.
--
Cheers, Harvey
CanE (30 years) & BrE (34 years),
indiscriminately mixed
bobg
That certainly seems like the most likely explanation.
Tim Wright
2017-07-10 13:31:52 UTC
Post by bobg
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by Whiskers
Post by bobg
Luckily, we have gifted politicians who can break it down for us.
Rick Perry at a recent coal plant visit:"Here’s a little economics
lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand
will follow."
I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Simple don't mean right.
"However, there is a chance that Mr Perry could have been referencing Say's
law of markets, an economic theory that argues supply is the origin of
demand.
That certainly seems like the most likely explanation.
I don't know about that. I have a large supply of dog turds in my back
yard, but absolutely no demand for them at all.
--
Studies have shown that the people of Dubai don't understand the humor
of the Flintstones, but the people of Abu Dhabi do.

Tim W
s***@gmail.com
2017-07-10 20:26:01 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Post by bobg
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by Whiskers
Post by bobg
Luckily, we have gifted politicians who can break it down for us.
Rick Perry at a recent coal plant visit:"Here’s a little economics
lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand
will follow."
I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Simple don't mean right.
"However, there is a chance that Mr Perry could have been referencing Say's
law of markets, an economic theory that argues supply is the origin of
demand.
That certainly seems like the most likely explanation.
I don't know about that. I have a large supply of dog turds in my back
yard, but absolutely no demand for them at all.
Dry them and sell them as fuel.
(yeah, I know, camel dung leads the market)

/dps
Peter Boulding
2017-07-10 15:29:16 UTC
Post by bobg
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by Whiskers
Post by bobg
Luckily, we have gifted politicians who can break it down for us.
Rick Perry at a recent coal plant visit:"Here’s a little economics
lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand
will follow."
I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Simple don't mean right.
"However, there is a chance that Mr Perry could have been referencing Say's
law of markets, an economic theory that argues supply is the origin of
demand.
That certainly seems like the most likely explanation.
I would be more inclined to side with the popular explanation: that Perry is
as stupid as he is dishonest.
bobg
2017-07-10 21:50:00 UTC
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by bobg
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by Whiskers
Post by bobg
Luckily, we have gifted politicians who can break it down for us.
Rick Perry at a recent coal plant visit:"Here’s a little economics
lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand
will follow."
I don't think Shawn could have explained it any more simply.
Simple don't mean right.
"However, there is a chance that Mr Perry could have been referencing Say's
law of markets, an economic theory that argues supply is the origin of
demand.
That certainly seems like the most likely explanation.
I would be more inclined to side with the popular explanation: that Perry is
as stupid as he is dishonest.
That's really unfair to Rick Perry. He places solidly in the middle of the
pack in terms of dishonesty, but his astounding stupidity is something rare
and strange, like a 2-headed calf that survived into adulthood and still
can't remember which other government agency it wants to eliminate.

Perry is so much stupider than he is dishonest that it'd be hard to show
both traits on the same graph.
a***@yahoo.com
2017-07-10 23:45:02 UTC
Is he in the Hanlon's Razor Hall of Fame?
Alfalfa Bill
2017-07-11 00:29:32 UTC
Post by bobg
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by bobg
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by Whiskers
Post by bobg
[...]
Same for Donald, Jr. (who has been called Fredo Trump.)