Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Tim Wright
2016-08-29 22:34:40 UTC
I'm sure that by now most of you realize that in reality, I'm a big,
fat, slob. I don't go clothes shopping. I buy my clothes on line. The
place I shop on line has about the best fat person clothes that can be
made by 9yo Pakistanis. Any way, I went to order some pants. I wanted
the same pants that I ordered previously. I couldn't find them, so I
went into my records and found the item number for the pants. Searched
for those pants and found them, along with this notation, "Due to high
demand, the item you are looking for is no longer available." WTF? Not
on back order, no longer available. That's like, "Oh, those sold so
well we got tired of making money so we're not going to do that any more."

It boggles my little pea brain.
--
“What did you expect? Welcome, sonny? Make yourself at home? Marry my
daughter? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers.

Tim W
a***@yahoo.com
If you are surprised that there exists management which requires application of an Epi-pen every time they are withing 20 feet of a logical concept, you need to read more Dilbert.
Les Albert
2016-08-30 01:31:50 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
I'm sure that by now most of you realize that in reality, I'm a big,
fat, slob. I don't go clothes shopping. I buy my clothes on line. The
place I shop on line has about the best fat person clothes that can be
made by 9yo Pakistanis. Any way, I went to order some pants. I wanted
the same pants that I ordered previously. I couldn't find them, so I
went into my records and found the item number for the pants. Searched
for those pants and found them, along with this notation, "Due to high
demand, the item you are looking for is no longer available." WTF? Not
on back order, no longer available. That's like, "Oh, those sold so
well we got tired of making money so we're not going to do that any more."
It boggles my little pea brain.
It's easy to understand: the high demand for big, fat slob pants has
depleted the fabric supply, so they are no longer available.
Or maybe the Pakastanis quit because of the overwork of packing the
big, fat, slob pants and carrying those heavier boxes of pants to the
post office.
Or maybe they don't like Americans.

Les
Alfalfa Bill
That may be how they say "out of stock" in Urdu.
Bob
2016-08-30 01:43:35 UTC
Oh, not as bad as I 1st thought when I read it, distracted by a phone conversation: that you got your clothes off someone's clothesline.
Bill Turlock
2016-08-30 04:26:39 UTC
I... ermm.. used to get... stuff, like that.
Bill Turlock
2016-08-30 04:25:18 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
I'm sure that by now most of you realize that in reality, I'm a big,
fat, slob. I don't go clothes shopping. I buy my clothes on line. The
place I shop on line has about the best fat person clothes that can be
made by 9yo Pakistanis. Any way, I went to order some pants. I wanted
the same pants that I ordered previously. I couldn't find them, so I
went into my records and found the item number for the pants. Searched
for those pants and found them, along with this notation, "Due to high
demand, the item you are looking for is no longer available." WTF? Not
on back order, no longer available. That's like, "Oh, those sold so
well we got tired of making money so we're not going to do that any more."
It boggles my little pea brain.
True Story:

Friend's sister lived in London for a while. Frequently shopped in a
neighborhood market. They missed their Rice Krispies, so on a whim
they asked if they could be had in Merrie Old.

Sure, we can try, and we think that there's a very good chance that
they're available.

FF 4-6 weeks. They hadn't had a chance to stop in to see if the RKs
had come in.

Yep, we had em and we sold out of em right away.

'K, when will you be having some more?

Oh I don't think we'll be ordering those again—they're too hard to
keep in stock.

??!?
Charles Bishop
2016-08-30 05:24:33 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
I'm sure that by now most of you realize that in reality, I'm a big,
fat, slob. I don't go clothes shopping. I buy my clothes on line. The
place I shop on line has about the best fat person clothes that can be
made by 9yo Pakistanis. Any way, I went to order some pants. I wanted
the same pants that I ordered previously. I couldn't find them, so I
went into my records and found the item number for the pants. Searched
for those pants and found them, along with this notation, "Due to high
demand, the item you are looking for is no longer available." WTF? Not
on back order, no longer available. That's like, "Oh, those sold so
well we got tired of making money so we're not going to do that any more."
It boggles my little pea brain.
Said to me by the tool shed guy - I can't let you have this wrench, then
I wouldn't have any left.

Oh and also from a cashier -

"You've given me two fives in change" Can I have a ten instead?"

"Oh, but then I wouldn't have any."

!
charles ! !
dilbert firestorm
2016-08-30 10:38:23 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
I'm sure that by now most of you realize that in reality, I'm a big,
fat, slob. I don't go clothes shopping. I buy my clothes on line.
The place I shop on line has about the best fat person clothes that
can be made by 9yo Pakistanis. Any way, I went to order some pants.
I wanted the same pants that I ordered previously. I couldn't find
them, so I went into my records and found the item number for the
pants. Searched for those pants and found them, along with this
notation, "Due to high demand, the item you are looking for is no
longer available." WTF? Not on back order, no longer available.
That's like, "Oh, those sold so well we got tired of making money so
we're not going to do that any more."
It boggles my little pea brain.
guess that means you're out of luck.

those are prolly crappy pants that tear anyway.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
Lesmond
2016-08-30 14:08:06 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by Tim Wright
I'm sure that by now most of you realize that in reality, I'm a big,
fat, slob. I don't go clothes shopping. I buy my clothes on line.
The place I shop on line has about the best fat person clothes that
can be made by 9yo Pakistanis. Any way, I went to order some pants.
I wanted the same pants that I ordered previously. I couldn't find
them, so I went into my records and found the item number for the
pants. Searched for those pants and found them, along with this
notation, "Due to high demand, the item you are looking for is no
longer available." WTF? Not on back order, no longer available.
That's like, "Oh, those sold so well we got tired of making money so
we're not going to do that any more."
It boggles my little pea brain.
guess that means you're out of luck.
those are prolly crappy pants that tear anyway.
As long as they fit and are cheap, who cares?
--
She may contain the urge to run away
But hold her down with soggy clothes and breeze blocks
hymie!
2016-08-30 17:12:23 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
"Due to high
demand, the item you are looking for is no longer available." WTF? Not
on back order, no longer available. That's like, "Oh, those sold so
well we got tired of making money so we're not going to do that any more."
I had the same problem with the CPAP mask I got every six months for, oh,
10 years or so. I can no longer find the web page for it, but it said
pretty much the same thing. "Our best-selling item has been retired
and replaced by this new substandard one!"

Not quite in those words, of course. But the online reviews say I'm
not the only one disappointed.
Post by Tim Wright
It boggles my little pea brain.
Some companies are just determined to drive themselves out of business,
I guess.

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie ***@lactose.homelinux.net
My fitbit says I've walked 3624 steps today (as of 12:57).
Questor
"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
Snidely
2017-08-03 06:52:36 UTC
Post by Questor
Post by Tim Wright
Any way, I went to order some pants. I wanted
the same pants that I ordered previously. I couldn't find them, so I
went into my records and found the item number for the pants. Searched
for those pants and found them, along with this notation, "Due to high
demand, the item you are looking for is no longer available." WTF? Not
on back order, no longer available. That's like, "Oh, those sold so
well we got tired of making money so we're not going to do that any more."
You bought so many, the pattern wore out.
Post by Questor
Post by Tim Wright
It boggles my little pea brain.
Or you used the last bolt of that fabric ever to be made, but if you
don't mind having the fabric from FoxFab, you should get the same fit
for a month or two.
Post by Questor
"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
Anybody who's anybody knows that.

/dps
--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain