Another Year Wasted and Nothing to Show
Howard
2017-07-11 17:48:44 UTC
Journalist spends a year of his life chasing proof of Trump Jr. - Russia
meeting, only to have Don Jr. and White House leakers spill the beans:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/journalist-worked-on-story-for-year-
trump-jr-tweeted-it-out

http://tinyurl.com/y89ztnkk

"I tracked down sources. Followed so many dead leads. Labored
over this. And then, he just, you know, tweeted out the proof."

- Jared Yates Sexton (@JYSexton) July 11, 2017
Peter Boulding
2017-07-11 20:11:02 UTC
Post by Howard
Journalist spends a year of his life chasing proof of Trump Jr. - Russia
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/journalist-worked-on-story-for-year-
trump-jr-tweeted-it-out
http://tinyurl.com/y89ztnkk
"I tracked down sources. Followed so many dead leads. Labored
over this. And then, he just, you know, tweeted out the proof."
I can understand that he's miffed after all that effort, but the truth is
that he won; when they know they've lost, sensible bad guys do their best to
manage the news by, for example, owning up while putting their spin on the
relevant skullduggery just before the proof hits the front page. (Remember,
the MSM always give the bad guys advance warning of what they're about to
print and request a response; things might not go well for them in court if
they didn't.)

The same kind of thing has just happened here in the UK with regard to the
scandal of contaminated blood products infected with hepatitis C, AIDS,
etc., being dripped by Britain's National Health Service into the arms of
vast numbers of patients during the 70s and 80s, killing several thousand
and ruining the lives of countless others. The UK government (regardless of
political persuasion) has, ever since then, tried to thwart campaigning
victims and their families in order to avoid establishing culpability and to
minimise the compensation bill. But the story wouldn't go away; PM Theresa
May has been trying hard to avoid a genuine public enquiry that might
actually reveal the truth; realising that she couldn't muster enough votes
to avoid said enquiry being set up, she's just announced one. (This, of
course, is seen as better than losing a vote in parliament and puts her in
the driving seat as regards setting its terms of reference and choosing the
enquiry chairman, so we shouldn't be amazed if, at the end of the day, all
we get is another not-quite whitewash.)
--
Regards, Peter Boulding
***@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=794240&content=music
B***@BillTurlock.com

B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-07-12 00:09:37 UTC
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:48:44 +0000 (UTC), Howard
Post by Howard
http://tinyurl.com/y89ztnkk
Hooda thunk??!?