Watching Wonder Woman
Alfalfa Bill
2017-06-26 02:27:36 UTC
My wife wanted to see the Wonder Woman movie and as the attentive and considerate husband that I am I was glad to take her even though superhero movies bore me to death. But this time I actually fell asleep. Slept through much of the movie. One minute young Amazons frolicked and trained on an idyllic isle. Then I woke up and Erich Ludendorff had become the incarnation of an ancient god of war.

Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
Howard
2017-06-26 15:23:48 UTC
Post by Alfalfa Bill
My wife wanted to see the Wonder Woman movie and as the attentive and
considerate husband that I am I was glad to take her even though
superhero movies bore me to death. But this time I actually fell
asleep. Slept through much of the movie. One minute young Amazons
frolicked and trained on an idyllic isle. Then I woke up and Erich
Ludendorff had become the incarnation of an ancient god of war.
Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
I fell asleep during a matinee showing of Man of Steel. That movie was so
dull I couldn't keep my eyes open even though it was very noisy.
John Mc.
2017-06-26 15:58:16 UTC
Post by Howard
Post by Alfalfa Bill
My wife wanted to see the Wonder Woman movie and as the attentive and
considerate husband that I am I was glad to take her even though
superhero movies bore me to death. But this time I actually fell
asleep. Slept through much of the movie. One minute young Amazons
frolicked and trained on an idyllic isle. Then I woke up and Erich
Ludendorff had become the incarnation of an ancient god of war.
Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
I fell asleep during a matinee showing of Man of Steel. That movie was so
dull I couldn't keep my eyes open even though it was very noisy.
My understanding is WW is decent. OTOH D.C./ Warner Brothers hasn't made a
decent main character film since the first Batman with Bale. Where Marvel
tops them is chemistry between the characters and humor. BVS:DOJ was just
too dark and brooding. You CAN make a decent film that's not ALL fights and
explosions.

John Mc.
Howard
2017-06-26 18:22:08 UTC
Post by John Mc.
Post by Howard
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
I fell asleep during a matinee showing of Man of Steel. That movie
was so dull I couldn't keep my eyes open even though it was very
noisy.
My understanding is WW is decent. OTOH D.C./ Warner Brothers hasn't
made a decent main character film since the first Batman with Bale.
Where Marvel tops them is chemistry between the characters and humor.
BVS:DOJ was just too dark and brooding. You CAN make a decent film
that's not ALL fights and explosions.
Based on seeing a limited number of these movies, the sense I get is
that Marvel is fully capable of making movies just as dreadful as the DC
movies, but there's a much wider range from bad to good. Without
looking it up, it feels like there have been a lot more Marvel movies
than DC ones, so that may have something to do with it.
Jack Campin
2017-06-26 21:14:15 UTC
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
Werner Herzog's "Fata Morgana" at the Auckland Film Festival.
Fell asleep to shimmering mirages and sand, woke up to shimmering
mirages and sand.

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
Alfalfa Bill
When you woke up was it obvious you had missed necessary plot information?
Boron
2017-06-28 16:28:24 UTC
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 22:14:15 +0100, Jack Campin
Post by Jack Campin
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
Werner Herzog's "Fata Morgana" at the Auckland Film Festival.
Fell asleep to shimmering mirages and sand, woke up to shimmering
mirages and sand.
mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
If I had seen that plane land one more time, I'd have screamed in my
sleep. I love Herzog, but that film just plain sucked.
a***@yahoo.com
2017-06-28 22:47:44 UTC
Post by Boron
If I had seen that plane land one more time, I'd have screamed in my
sleep. I love Herzog, but that film just plain sucked.
I don't suppose that film featured a head which had just been separated from it's neck saying "10"*? Now that was a great film.

*It said 1-9 while still being attached.
Bob
2017-07-01 16:37:09 UTC
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
I've felt close to it, but no. Fell asleep at outdoor ones as a child.

I think I'd rather be watching woman wonder.
Questor
2017-07-09 06:09:02 UTC
My wife wanted to see the Wonder Woman movie and as the attentive and consi=
derate husband that I am I was glad to take her even though superhero movie=
s bore me to death. But this time I actually fell asleep. Slept through=
much of the movie. One minute young Amazons frolicked and trained on an i=
dyllic isle. Then I woke up and Erich Ludendorff had become the incarnat=
ion of an ancient god of war.
Have you ever fallen asleep in a theater while watching a movie?
Not exactly fallen asleep, but I was watching one of the James Bond movies in a
theatre and 007 was making his way through some underground facility. I got
distracted and spaced out briefly, and when my attention returned to the film a
few moments later, he was on a space station.