If LA Gets Nuked
Beaver Fever
2017-08-11 20:23:25 UTC
How does my mom get all my money?
Les Albert
2017-08-11 22:12:15 UTC
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 13:23:25 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
Post by Beaver Fever
How does my mom get all my money?
Here's a free online will-making site. Follow the instructions:
https://www.doyourownwill.com/

Les
Beaver Fever
Me and the will are going to be incinerated. In that case I want her to have all my money. My dad will be incinerated too so he should forfeit his half and not have it end up with his wife's family in eastern Europe.
Les Albert
2017-08-12 01:22:36 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
How does my mom get all my money?
https://www.doyourownwill.com/
Me and the will are going to be incinerated. In that case I want her to have all my money. My dad will be incinerated too so he should forfeit his half and not have it end up with his wife's family in eastern Europe.
No, dimbulb; you send the will to the person who you designate as the
executor, someone who lives away from the blast zone. Or send it to
your mother. And from the kind of life you lead you should have a
will even without the threat of nuclear war: you could get stabbed or
shot on public transportation in the seedy parts of town that you
frequent.

Les
Lesmond
2017-08-12 07:14:02 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
How does my mom get all my money?
https://www.doyourownwill.com/
Me and the will are going to be incinerated. In that case I want her to have all my money. My dad will be incinerated too so he should forfeit his half and not have it end up with his wife's family in eastern Europe.
No, dimbulb; you send the will to the person who you designate as the
executor, someone who lives away from the blast zone. Or send it to
your mother. And from the kind of life you lead you should have a
will even without the threat of nuclear war: you could get stabbed or
shot on public transportation in the seedy parts of town that you
frequent.
You like that bubble you live in?
--
She may contain the urge to run away
But hold her down with soggy clothes and breeze blocks
Beaver Fever
I don't want to send her a will, she might take it the wrong way. However I texted her saying in case LA gets nuked she gave a really condescending response, so if that happens and she wants the money, she is going to have to go look for it herself.
Les Albert
2017-08-12 18:30:33 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
You're a hard man, but a lot of guys have trouble with their mothers.
Anyway, it's still a good idea to have a will particularly if you now
have a largish amount of money, otherwise the state will take it.

Les
Beaver Fever
I sometimes think I might be dead already. I am afraid someone might notice, have the death certificate signed and throw me in the oven.
Les Albert
2017-08-12 20:01:04 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
They don't incinerate dead people unless the deceased has specifically
requested that in a will (another good reason to have a will).
Otherwise they will plant you in Potter's Field. I'm sure you have
heard of that. They put you in a pot and bury you. That's why it's
called Potter's Field.

Les
Alfalfa Bill
2017-08-13 08:08:10 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
If a man without a will dies in California without a spouse or issue surviving him, then the estate passes to his parents equally.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PROB&division=6.&title=&part=2.&chapter=1.&article=

https://tinyurl.com/y7zn4bjd
Tim Wright
2017-08-13 12:59:54 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
The real problem of a single person not having a will is that the state
will appoint an attorney to probate the estate. The attorney is paid by
the estate. There is not a time limit to how long this can take, and
attorney fees can pretty much drain the estate.-
--
Studies have shown that the people of Dubai don't understand the humor
of the Flintstones, but the people of Abu Dhabi do.

Tim W
Alfalfa Bill
I know only Oklahoma probate law and nothing like that happens in Oklahoma.
Beaver Fever
My mom is threatening to move to Oklahoma.
Alfalfa Bill
Good lord, have you called a crisis line?
Les Albert
2017-08-13 16:04:40 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
The estate does pass as you say, but as he says, "she is going to have
to go look for it herself". He may not have it in a bank but might
have it under the floor boards or some other hiding place (coffee can
buried in the backyard?).

Les
Beaver Fever
2017-08-13 17:50:09 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
It's almost all in banks.

The thing is, can I have a will for if I drop dead and an alternate will for if LA gets nuked so half doesn't go to my dad's wife's relatives in eastern Europe somewhere?
Les Albert
2017-08-13 18:18:29 UTC
Post by Alfalfa Bill
If a man without a will dies in California without a spouse or issue surviving him, then the estate passes to his parents equally.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PROB&division=6.&title=&part=2.&chapter=1.&article=
https://tinyurl.com/y7zn4bjd
The estate does pass as you say, but as he says, "she is going to have
to go look for it herself". He may not have it in a bank but might
have it under the floor boards or some other hiding place (coffee can
buried in the backyard?).
It's almost all in banks.
The thing is, can I have a will for if I drop dead and an alternate will for if LA gets nuked so half doesn't go to my dad's wife's relatives in eastern Europe somewhere?
That's tricky, but I'm sure it can be worded for both events in a
single will by someone who knows how to write wills. And if you want
to leave money for your roommate then put it in the will.

Les
Beaver Fever
2017-08-13 18:09:37 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
When I set up the Fidelity account they specifically asked for heirs. I put my mom and dad.

My mental health feels iffy and my physical health feels poor so I know I should do something though my mom's attitude isn't really helping motivate me to going thru the trouble. I am more interested in leaving money for my roommate to cover any damage, inconvenience and the hassle of tossing or selling all my stuff.
Alfalfa Bill
Don't you think you should leave Lesmond something, just to remember you by?
Beaver Fever
She can have any DVDs, CDs, records or tapes she wants but she has to come here and get them. And perhaps any concert tickets in New Jersey / PA area but I really don't know how to address this is my will so I probably just won't.
Lesmond
2017-08-14 05:30:54 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Post by Beaver Fever
Post by Beaver Fever
[...]
I much appreciate the thought. But you already send me good stuff!

Try not to die.
Greg Goss
2017-08-14 06:14:27 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Don't you think you should leave Lesmond something, just to remember you by?
She can have any DVDs, CDs, records or tapes she wants but she has to come here and get them. And perhaps any concert tickets in New Jersey / PA area but I really don't know how to address this is my will so I probably just won't.
I assume that if LA gets nuked, the concert schedule will face
significant adjustments.
Kerr-Mudd,John
check the tickets for refund options.
Alfalfa Bill
Don't fear the reaper.
John Mc.
2017-08-15 12:34:18 UTC
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Post by Kerr-Mudd,John
Post by Greg Goss
Post by Beaver Fever
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Don't you think you should leave Lesmond something, just to remember you by?
She can have any DVDs, CDs, records or tapes she wants but she has to
come here and get them. And perhaps any concert tickets in New Jersey
/ PA area but I really don't know how to address this is my will so I
probably just won't.
I assume that if LA gets nuked, the concert schedule will face
significant adjustments.
check the tickets for refund options.
Don't fear the reaper.
The sun will come out tomorrow.

John Mc

Alfalfa Bill
2017-08-12 01:08:16 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
How does my mom get all my money?
Make America Great Again means "duck and cover."