My left leg is 1" shorter than the right
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-09-08 05:10:02 UTC
Has been for as long as I can remember, with much back problems,
spine that looked like scoliosis, but wasn't.

Finally tumbled to the problem ~ 20 years ago. Got a 1" build-up
for the left shoe — Boom! Back problems go away!

Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_leg_length

I laffed.
"Do not become the Hegemony" — Mao
Whiskers
2017-09-08 12:11:20 UTC
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Has been for as long as I can remember, with much back problems,
spine that looked like scoliosis, but wasn't.
Finally tumbled to the problem ~ 20 years ago. Got a 1" build-up
for the left shoe — Boom! Back problems go away!
Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_leg_length
I laffed.
Surely there must be an impressive Latin name for it?
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-09-08 14:22:19 UTC
On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 13:11:20 +0100, Whiskers
Post by Whiskers
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_leg_length
I laffed.
Surely there must be an impressive Latin name for it?
That's what I'd thought.
"Shirley was a tailor" — Paul Simon
b***@shaw.ca
2017-09-08 20:53:44 UTC
Post by Whiskers
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_leg_length
I laffed.
Surely there must be an impressive Latin name for it?
That's what I'd thought.
--
"Shirley was a tailor" — Paul Simon
I checked some medical dictionaries. The term is "leg length discrepancy". It can be caused by various conditions, and some of those have impressive Latin names.

(Posting for the first time from GooGoo. I finally upgraded my Mac OS, causing the loss of good old MT NewsWatcher. I haven't found another app that I like, so I'm swallowing hard and giving this a try.

bill
Les Albert
2017-09-08 23:47:23 UTC
Post by Whiskers
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_leg_length
I laffed.
Surely there must be an impressive Latin name for it?
That's what I'd thought.
I checked some medical dictionaries. The term is "leg length discrepancy". It can be caused by various conditions, and some of those have impressive Latin names.
Crus longitudine discrepantia.

Les
Peter Boulding
2017-09-09 09:49:45 UTC
Post by b***@shaw.ca
(Posting for the first time from GooGoo. I finally upgraded my
Mac OS, causing the loss of good old MT NewsWatcher. I haven't
found another app that I like, so I'm swallowing hard and giving
this a try.
Oh God.

Deepest sympathy.
--
Regards, Peter Boulding
***@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=794240&content=music
Howard
2017-09-09 16:09:41 UTC
Post by Whiskers
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_leg_length
I laffed.
Surely there must be an impressive Latin name for it?
That's what I'd thought.
It's often called Aylot syndrome, after the woman who first described it
scientifically, Dr. Ilene Aylot.
t***@gmail.com
Les Albert
2020-08-03 23:35:24 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Is this group still active?
We had our annual picnic just last week (with proper distancing).

Les
Questor
2020-08-04 16:45:02 UTC
The potato salad was amazing.
Les Albert
2020-08-04 17:04:28 UTC
Post by Questor
Post by Les Albert
Post by t***@gmail.com
Is this group still active?
We had our annual picnic just last week (with proper distancing).
The potato salad was amazing.
There have been complaints about one of the people who won the
three-legged race. We looked into it and found that person had one
leg that was 1" shorter than the other.

Les
snap, crackle, pop
Was that the middle-leg by any chance? 1" can make all the difference.
Opus the Penguin
2020-08-04 21:14:21 UTC
Post by Questor
Post by Les Albert
Post by t***@gmail.com
Is this group still active?
We had our annual picnic just last week (with proper distancing).
The potato salad was amazing.
As they sing in the Music Man, "You can have your fill of all the food you
bring yourself."
--
Opus the Penguin
The best darn penguin in all of Usenet
Jenny Telia
2020-08-11 07:35:08 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Is this group still active?
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Has been for as long as I can remember, with much back problems,
spine that looked like scoliosis, but wasn't.
Finally tumbled to the problem ~ 20 years ago. Got a 1" build-up
for the left shoe — Boom! Back problems go away!
Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_leg_length
I laffed.
Is this group still active?
It is. The group has a habit of ignoring top-posters, however.
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Was wondering what the Medical Term for that might be,
Googled " medical term for 'unequal leg length' ".
"Hop-a-long"