Truck's been throwing codes...
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-09-07 03:58:54 UTC
Namely P0304 "Cyl 3 misfire", and lately P0174 "Bank 1 lean".

I replaced the complete fuel injection spider (by my very own
self!) a few years ago, that took care of the misfire... for a
while.

Then this Bank 1 thing started popping up recently. It's becoming
increasingly obvious that there is a fuel supply issue.

Few months ago bought a new fuel filter... But I lost it. It's
around here...somewhere.

So last week I got another one, and installed it today.

Tried to blow through the old one, got lots of back pressure,
then a cloud of black derbis came out the downstream end.

I think I've found my problem!
"See — Want!" — Hannibal Lecter
Snidely
2017-09-07 05:56:45 UTC
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Namely P0304 "Cyl 3 misfire", and lately P0174 "Bank 1 lean".
I replaced the complete fuel injection spider (by my very own
self!) a few years ago, that took care of the misfire... for a
while.
Then this Bank 1 thing started popping up recently. It's becoming
increasingly obvious that there is a fuel supply issue.
Few months ago bought a new fuel filter... But I lost it. It's
around here...somewhere.
So last week I got another one, and installed it today.
Tried to blow through the old one, got lots of back pressure,
then a cloud of black derbis came out the downstream end.
I think I've found my problem!
Self-discovery is an amazing learning tool!

/dps
Trust, but verify.
Snidely
2017-09-07 05:57:51 UTC
Snidely pounded on thar keyboard to tell us
Post by Snidely
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Namely P0304 "Cyl 3 misfire", and lately P0174 "Bank 1 lean".
I replaced the complete fuel injection spider (by my very own
self!) a few years ago, that took care of the misfire... for a
while.
Then this Bank 1 thing started popping up recently. It's becoming
increasingly obvious that there is a fuel supply issue.
Few months ago bought a new fuel filter... But I lost it. It's
around here...somewhere.
So last week I got another one, and installed it today.
Tried to blow through the old one, got lots of back pressure,
then a cloud of black derbis came out the downstream end.
I think I've found my problem!
Self-discovery is an amazing learning tool!
Oh, are you one of those that has the code reader plugged in 110% of
the time? Interesting contrast.

/dps
--
But happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue. One must have a reason
to 'be happy.'"
Viktor Frankl
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-09-07 07:41:58 UTC
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 22:57:51 -0700, Snidely
Post by Snidely
Oh, are you one of those that has the code reader plugged in 110% of
the time? Interesting contrast.
Everything you'd ever want to know about your car... incl
instantaneous MPG, many more items. Luv info!

https://www.scangauge.com/shop/scangaugeii/
Snidely
2017-09-10 07:44:13 UTC
Post by Snidely
Oh, are you one of those that has the code reader plugged in 110% of
the time? Interesting contrast.
Everything you'd ever want to know about your car... incl
instantaneous MPG, many more items. Luv info!
https://www.scangauge.com/shop/scangaugeii/
Does that bluetooth to your phone?

/dps
Who, me? And what lacuna?
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-09-07 07:48:41 UTC
Post by Snidely
Oh, are you one of those that has the code reader plugged in 110% of
the time? Interesting contrast.
I do not understand that remark.

The car shows a "check engine" light, and I have the ability to
check the code in near real time. HTH
"Everbody must get stoned" — Nobel laureate Robert Zimmerman
Snidely
2017-09-10 07:44:10 UTC
Post by Snidely
Oh, are you one of those that has the code reader plugged in 110% of
the time? Interesting contrast.
I do not understand that remark.
The car shows a "check engine" light, and I have the ability to
check the code in near real time. HTH
The instantaneous reporting, the few months of "I'll get to it".

/dps
--
Killing a mouse was hardly a Nobel Prize-worthy exercise, and Lawrence
went apopleptic when he learned a lousy rodent had peed away all his
_The Disappearing Spoon_, Sam Kean
Whiskers
2017-09-07 13:30:08 UTC
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Namely P0304 "Cyl 3 misfire", and lately P0174 "Bank 1 lean".
I replaced the complete fuel injection spider (by my very own self!) a
few years ago, that took care of the misfire... for a while.
Then this Bank 1 thing started popping up recently. It's becoming
increasingly obvious that there is a fuel supply issue.
Few months ago bought a new fuel filter... But I lost it. It's around
here...somewhere.
So last week I got another one, and installed it today.
Tried to blow through the old one, got lots of back pressure, then a
cloud of black derbis came out the downstream end.
I think I've found my problem!
Now I want to know how all those bowler hats got into your truck's
engine.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-09-08 07:00:26 UTC
On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 14:30:08 +0100, Whiskers
Post by Whiskers
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Tried to blow through the old one, got lots of back pressure, then a
cloud of black derbis came out the downstream end.
I think I've found my problem!
Now I want to know how all those bowler hats got into your truck's
engine.
Six dozen of one, half of the other.
--
Do I repeat myself? Very well, then I repeat myself.