"You went to Carbondale to See the Total Eclipse of the Sun"
Add Reply
a***@yahoo.com
2017-08-10 01:59:13 UTC
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only the vain .1 percenters did. Is this progress?
Lesmond
2017-08-10 03:24:32 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only the vain .1 percenters did. Is this progress?
I will be travelling to Georgia. Not my idea.
--
She may contain the urge to run away
But hold her down with soggy clothes and breeze blocks
Bob
2017-08-14 03:11:08 UTC
I'm going with a friend to Columbia, SC, where we have a mutual friend. My idea.
Lesmond
2017-08-14 05:17:25 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Lesmond
Post by a***@yahoo.com
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only the vain .1 percenters did. Is this progress?
I will be travelling to Georgia. Not my idea.
--
I'm going with a friend to Columbia, SC, where we have a mutual friend. My idea.
Yeah, we're visiting my husband's best friend. I just hate the drive.
bobg
2017-08-11 11:33:24 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only the vain .1 percenters did. Is this progress?
Carbondale's a good choice - if it's cloudy that day, you can just wait
around for 7 years and you get another shot.
Questor
2017-08-14 15:30:19 UTC
You left out the Lear jet.
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-08-14 18:38:55 UTC
Post by Questor
Post by a***@yahoo.com
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only the vain .1 percenters did.
You left out the Lear jet.
And not to put too fine a point on it, hasn't it been discussed
that "the hoi palloi" means "the the polloi"?
Snidely
2017-08-17 07:00:40 UTC
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Post by Questor
Post by a***@yahoo.com
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only
the vain .1 percenters did.
You left out the Lear jet.
And not to put too fine a point on it, hasn't it been discussed
that "the hoi palloi" means "the the polloi"?
In Greek it does, in English it doesn't.

/dps
--
There's nothing inherently wrong with Big Data. What matters, as it
does for Arnold Lund in California or Richard Rothman in Baltimore, are
ask. (R. Lerhman, CSMonitor.com)
Whiskers
2017-08-17 12:58:37 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Post by Questor
Post by a***@yahoo.com
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only
the vain .1 percenters did.
You left out the Lear jet.
And not to put too fine a point on it, hasn't it been discussed
that "the hoi palloi" means "the the polloi"?
In Greek it does, in English it doesn't.
/dps
Hoi polloi (οἱ πολλοί) are definitely Greek, in Greece. The hoi polloi
are just very definite, but could be anywhere.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
Snidely
2017-08-17 07:00:00 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
There was a time when the hoi polloi just didn't do stuff like that. Only the
vain .1 percenters did. Is this progress?
15 percent of my office is travelling out of state for the eclipse. I
expect to take the elevator down, and step outside of the building.

/dps "the June Gloom is back, though"
--
But happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue. One must have a reason
to 'be happy.'"