Skynet news
Add Reply
John Mc.
2017-08-01 07:41:34 UTC
<http://gizmodo.com/no-facebook-did-not-panic-and-shut-down-an-ai-program-1797414922>

"In recent weeks, a story about experimental Facebook machine learning
research has been circulating with increasingly panicky, Skynet-esque
headlines.

“Facebook engineers panic, pull plug on AI after bots develop their own
language,” one site wrote. “Facebook shuts down down AI after it invents
its own creepy language,” another added. “Did we humans just create
Frankenstein?” asked yet another. One British tabloid quoted a robotics
professor saying the incident showed “the dangers of deferring to
artificial intelligence” and “could be lethal” if similar tech was injected
into military robots......"

The article goes on to say that the AI involved were merely using a sort of
shorthand and that was the reason they pulled the plug. As it wasn't
comprehensible to a normal person. I want to know is did anyone actually
talk to someone at Facebook IN PERSON rather than via email or over the
phone? Hmmm?

John Mc.
B***@BillTurlock.com