You'll never guess what I found on imgur...
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-07-12 04:47:57 UTC
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
Jack Campin
2017-07-14 00:07:47 UTC
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
Les Albert
2017-07-14 03:10:30 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 01:07:47 +0100, Jack Campin
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
He doesn't get out much.

Les
Snidely
2017-07-14 08:25:46 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
He doesn't get out much.
Facts not in evidence.

/dps
--
"I'm glad unicorns don't ever need upgrades."
"We are as up as it is possible to get graded!"
_Phoebe and Her Unicorn_, 2016.05.15
Snidely
2017-07-14 08:25:14 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
BillT has a thing about improper parking. While the example isn't
abusing a handicap space, it is occupying 4 spaces in what appears to
be a busy parking lot.

John Mc, Tim W, and BillT would all be willing to blockade this person,
I gather. You might not fucking care, but there is an audience for it
in AFCA.

/dps
Who, me? And what lacuna?
Tim Wright
2017-07-14 08:31:18 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
BillT has a thing about improper parking. While the example isn't
abusing a handicap space, it is occupying 4 spaces in what appears to be
a busy parking lot.
John Mc, Tim W, and BillT would all be willing to blockade this person,
I gather. You might not fucking care, but there is an audience for it
in AFCA.
/dps
I don't know about blocking him in, but a visit from the ALF* might be
in order.

*Atmospheric Liberation Front
--
Studies have shown that the people of Dubai don't understand the humor
of the Flintstones, but the people of Abu Dhabi do.

Tim W
Jack Campin
2017-07-14 11:41:24 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
BillT has a thing about improper parking. While the example isn't
abusing a handicap space, it is occupying 4 spaces in what appears to
be a busy parking lot.
It *doesn't* appear to be busy. The photo doesn't show enough to
tell. Those could be the only cars in an area with room for 100.

It's always entertaining to watch car-owning fuckwits getting
self-righteously enraged against each other, though. Thanks.

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
Charles Bishop
2017-07-14 17:06:35 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
Post by Snidely
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
BillT has a thing about improper parking. While the example isn't
abusing a handicap space, it is occupying 4 spaces in what appears to
be a busy parking lot.
It *doesn't* appear to be busy. The photo doesn't show enough to
tell. Those could be the only cars in an area with room for 100.
It's always entertaining to watch car-owning fuckwits getting
self-righteously enraged against each other, though. Thanks.
Are you referring to any particular car owners you know?
charles, not the politest of men
Charles Bishop
2017-07-14 17:20:42 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
BillT has a thing about improper parking. While the example isn't
abusing a handicap space, it is occupying 4 spaces in what appears to
be a busy parking lot.
John Mc, Tim W, and BillT would all be willing to blockade this person,
I gather. You might not fucking care, but there is an audience for it
in AFCA.
Is he really taking up 4 spaces? It looks as if the "empty" space on the
right would have room for a small or midsized car, and the one on the
left could too.

Of course, he's taking up the four as part of his car is "in" parts of
the spaces, but still 2 other cars could fit, perhaps.
charles
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-07-14 18:05:34 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:20:42 -0700, Charles Bishop
<***@earthlink.net> wrote:

AFC-A owns the meme, I'm merely feeding the frenzy.
--
Thumper's mother: If you can't say anything nice then don't say
anything at all!
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-07-15 02:43:53 UTC
And... the subject line was supposed to be sarcastic
Jeff Wisnia
2017-07-14 19:32:22 UTC
Post by Snidely
a busy parking lot.
John Mc, Tim W, and BillT would all be willing to blockade this person,
I gather. You might not fucking care, but there is an audience for it
in AFCA.
/dps
It's too bad the website www.youparklikeanasshole.com closed down over a
year ago. I used to keep a few of their "tickets" in my car's glove box
and if I was feeling snarky about not being able to get into a spot
because of a sloppily parked car I'd jot down a few things on it and
leave it on that car's windshield.

IIRC you could take a photo of the parked car and upload it to that site
where it might be put on display.

For those AFCANS not familiar with that site when it existed, here's a
link from the Wayback Machine that will show it to you:

http://tinyurl.com/yc5bnvb2

And, guess what? The URL is now for sale for almost $2K here:

http://tinyurl.com/y79dxtmf

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Kerr Mudd-John
2017-07-14 10:18:59 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
He does get rather excited about parking issues.

sig sep way too long!
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-07-14 17:59:41 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
http://imgur.com/gallery/g7Kyl
A few parked cars with Romanian plates. Why the fuck should
we be interested?
I beg your pardon, Sir. Wrong audience. Much appologies. So
sorry.
Questor
2017-07-14 08:04:10 UTC
Re: You'll never guess what I found on imgur...
A lengthy and cogent discussion about whether posting bare imgur links is
contributing to the creation of a post-literate society where we've lost the
ability to communicate with words?
Snidely
2017-07-14 08:27:43 UTC
Post by Questor
Re: You'll never guess what I found on imgur...
A lengthy and cogent discussion about whether posting bare imgur links is
contributing to the creation of a post-literate society where we've lost the
ability to communicate with words?
He's actually improved in describing the relevance from the days he
first post of imgur findings. But since you know who posted it, you
can decide whether or not follow the link based on historical data.

/dps
--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain
Charles Bishop
2017-07-14 17:04:34 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Questor
Re: You'll never guess what I found on imgur...
A lengthy and cogent discussion about whether posting bare imgur links is
contributing to the creation of a post-literate society where we've lost the
ability to communicate with words?
He's actually improved in describing the relevance from the days he
first post of imgur findings. But since you know who posted it, you
can decide whether or not follow the link based on historical data.
That helps, but what would help more would be a mention of where the
link goes. Frex, cute kittens would probably increase the chances I'd
go, whereas video of a tractor pull, probably wouldn't.

In any event, a comment by the poster, along the lines of, "this is the
first tractor pull where a misunderstanding of the rules led to . . ."
(bad example, I know, but . . .) might at least spark a discussion.
--
charles, of course, not posting a description has led to a discussion
about whether posting a description could lead to a discussion.
Snidely
2017-07-15 06:15:34 UTC
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Questor
Re: You'll never guess what I found on imgur...
A lengthy and cogent discussion about whether posting bare imgur links is
contributing to the creation of a post-literate society where we've lost
the ability to communicate with words?
He's actually improved in describing the relevance from the days he
first post of imgur findings. But since you know who posted it, you
can decide whether or not follow the link based on historical data.
That helps, but what would help more would be a mention of where the
link goes. Frex, cute kittens would probably increase the chances I'd
go, whereas video of a tractor pull, probably wouldn't.
In any event, a comment by the poster, along the lines of, "this is the
first tractor pull where a misunderstanding of the rules led to . . ."
(bad example, I know, but . . .) might at least spark a discussion.
I don't recall BillT ever posting a tractor-pull link. I'm not sure
he's ever posted a cute kitten link, unless the kitten was parking a
car. Me, I would post either at the drop of a hat, but the hatband
would have a clue on it. (Oh, and horses, butterflies, hawks, Geo
convertibles, ...)

/dps
--
Rule #0: Don't be on fire.
In case of fire, exit the building before tweeting about it.
(Sighting reported by Adam F)
Kerr Mudd-John
2017-07-15 09:46:45 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Questor
[...]
tractor rhythm section are my faves

(2.6M views)
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Snidely
2017-07-18 05:48:22 UTC
Post by Kerr Mudd-John
tractor rhythm section are my faves
http://youtu.be/a1ThSi1wbqU
(2.6M views)
I'm working on my reply.

/dps
--
There's nothing inherently wrong with Big Data. What matters, as it
does for Arnold Lund in California or Richard Rothman in Baltimore, are
ask. (R. Lerhman, CSMonitor.com)
Charles Bishop
2017-07-19 17:44:43 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Kerr Mudd-John
tractor rhythm section are my faves
http://youtu.be/a1ThSi1wbqU
(2.6M views)
I'm working on my reply.
Composing one?
charles, decomposing, bit by bit
Snidely
2017-07-20 09:07:23 UTC
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Kerr Mudd-John
tractor rhythm section are my faves
http://youtu.be/a1ThSi1wbqU
(2.6M views)
I'm working on my reply.
Composing one?
Nothing noteworthy yet.

/dps
--
"What do you think of my cart, Miss Morland? A neat one, is not it?
Well hung: curricle-hung in fact. Come sit by me and we'll test the
(Speculative fiction by H.Lacedaemonian.)
Charles Bishop
2017-07-21 19:55:32 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Kerr Mudd-John
tractor rhythm section are my faves
http://youtu.be/a1ThSi1wbqU
(2.6M views)
I'm working on my reply.
Composing one?
Nothing noteworthy yet.
A signature post.
charles
bill van
2017-07-22 04:16:41 UTC
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Kerr Mudd-John
tractor rhythm section are my faves
http://youtu.be/a1ThSi1wbqU
(2.6M views)
I'm working on my reply.
Composing one?
Nothing noteworthy yet.
A signature post.
Hey! You spelled your name right. Are you okay?
bill
Charles Bishop
2017-07-26 23:27:15 UTC
Post by bill van
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Snidely
Post by Kerr Mudd-John
tractor rhythm section are my faves
http://youtu.be/a1ThSi1wbqU
(2.6M views)
I'm working on my reply.
Composing one?
Nothing noteworthy yet.
A signature post.
Hey! You spelled your name right. Are you okay?
Theory of large numbers?
--
charles, what are the odds?

Charles, sometimes the voices stop
Questor
2017-07-15 15:18:15 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Questor
Re: You'll never guess what I found on imgur...
A lengthy and cogent discussion about whether posting bare imgur links is
contributing to the creation of a post-literate society where we've lost the
ability to communicate with words?
He's actually improved in describing the relevance from the days he
first post of imgur findings. But since you know who posted it, you
can decide whether or not follow the link based on historical data.
It's bad enough that so many former participants here have turned to the dark
side, but then to bring the dark side here...

For various reasons it takes some effort for me to look at imgur links. I've
never been sufficiently rewarded, and so I have stopped. If I want to see
interesting and entertaining pictures, there is the whole Internet out there,
and I know how to use Google image search.
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-07-15 16:48:44 UTC
Post by Questor
It's bad enough that so many former participants here have turned to the dark
side, but then to bring the dark side here...
Do. Not. Blame. Me.!
Post by Questor
For various reasons it takes some effort for me to look at imgur links. I've
never been sufficiently rewarded, and so I have stopped. If I want to see
interesting and entertaining pictures, there is the whole Internet out there,
and I know how to use Google image search.
I was not the first to bring imgur here, some other dude diddit,
and it seduced me. Lately I've been wondering about who it was,
and was going to ask if anyone remembered. Do he?
--
"Jehovah's Witness??!? We don't like NO kind of witness"
— Don Vito Corleone
Howard
2017-07-15 18:45:33 UTC
Admit it - you're also responsible for this horrible humidity, aren't you?
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-07-16 05:53:07 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:48:44 -0700, ***@BillTurlock.com

Questor
2017-07-18 15:06:54 UTC
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Post by Questor
It's bad enough that so many former participants here have turned to the dark
side, but then to bring the dark side here...
Do. Not. Blame. Me.!
Why not? You're not blameless.
Oh I see, the "he started it" defense.
B***@BillTurlock.com