Hang up the rhinestones and the powerlines
s***@gmail.com
2017-08-08 23:01:27 UTC
Umscribe Glen Campbell

<URL:http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/glen-campbell-dead-at-81>

<quote>
"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell, at the age of 81, following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease," the singer's family said in a statement.
</quote>

/dps
Lesmond
2017-08-09 04:48:54 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Umscribe Glen Campbell
<URL:http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/glen-campbell-dead-at-81>
<quote>
"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell, at the age of 81, following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease," the singer's family said in a statement.
</quote>
It's sad, but he had been unresposive for years.
--
She may contain the urge to run away
But hold her down with soggy clothes and breeze blocks
B***@BillTurlock.com
2017-08-09 05:02:59 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Umscribe Glen Campbell
<URL:http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/glen-campbell-dead-at-81>
<quote>
"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell, at the age of 81, following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease," the singer's family said in a statement.
</quote>
/dps
So *that's* why KCSM was playing a *FEMALE* cover of 'Lineman'
this morning.

I know it's kind of a ballad, but, this was slower yet, and I was
having trouble visualizing a woman LINEMAN.

I sounded so Wrong that it wasn't even wrong any more.

It was ugly with a capital UG.

I didn't like it.
"Everybody knows a turkey..." — Mel Tormé
Snidely
2017-08-17 06:56:45 UTC
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
Post by s***@gmail.com
Umscribe Glen Campbell
<URL:http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/glen-campbell-dead-at-81>
<quote>
"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our
beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist,
Glen Travis Campbell, at the age of 81, following his long and courageous
battle with Alzheimer's disease," the singer's family said in a statement.
</quote>
/dps
So *that's* why KCSM was playing a *FEMALE* cover of 'Lineman'
this morning.
I know it's kind of a ballad, but, this was slower yet, and I was
having trouble visualizing a woman LINEMAN.
Well, yeah, except LINEPERSON wouldn't scan.
Post by B***@BillTurlock.com
I sounded so Wrong that it wasn't even wrong any more.
It was ugly with a capital UG.
I didn't like it.
My favorite cover of /Wichita Lineman/ is by Brazil '66 (give or take
an update). I also like their /Fool on the Hill/ and /Norwegian Wood/.

/dps "they MAY have done something I don't like"
--
"That's a good sort of hectic, innit?"

" Very much so, and I'd recommend the haggis wontons."
-njm
Jeff Green
2017-08-11 14:38:09 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Umscribe Glen Campbell
<URL:http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/glen-campbell-dead-at-81>
<quote>
"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell, at the age of 81, following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease," the singer's family said in a statement.
</quote>
As I've written elsewhere, 'the man who wrote it and the man who made it
famous are now both gentle on my mind.'