Ping: John Mc
Tim Wright
2015-03-15 15:15:16 UTC
Found this browsing Reddit. Made me think of you and the idiot parkers
you deal with.

Electric cars will only become popular when they can be recharged as
fast as a 5 year old on a power nap.

Tim W
John Mc.
2015-03-15 17:45:15 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Found this browsing Reddit. Made me think of you and the idiot parkers
you deal with.
http://i.imgur.com/xliQ8.jpg
I'm thinkin' it's nothing a decent sawsall couldn't take care of.

John Mc.
Greg Goss
2015-03-15 23:51:27 UTC
http://www.zimbio.com/10+Real+Life+Superheroes+Who+Have+Actually+Made+a+Difference/articles/KK4rSsSTgOq/2+Angle+Grinder+Man
John Mc.
2015-03-16 08:05:06 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
Post by John Mc.
Post by Tim Wright
Found this browsing Reddit. Made me think of you and the idiot parkers
you deal with.
http://i.imgur.com/xliQ8.jpg
I'm thinkin' it's nothing a decent sawsall couldn't take care of.
http://www.zimbio.com/10+Real+Life+Superheroes+Who+Have+Actually+Made+a+Difference/articles/KK4rSsSTgOq/2+Angle+Grinder+Man
That would work in a pinch.

John Mc.
Greg Goss
2015-03-17 01:57:30 UTC
Post by John Mc.
Post by Greg Goss
Post by John Mc.
Post by Tim Wright
Found this browsing Reddit. Made me think of you and the idiot parkers
you deal with.
http://i.imgur.com/xliQ8.jpg
I'm thinkin' it's nothing a decent sawsall couldn't take care of.
http://www.zimbio.com/10+Real+Life+Superheroes+Who+Have+Actually+Made+a+Difference/articles/KK4rSsSTgOq/2+Angle+Grinder+Man
That would work in a pinch.
I'm wondering if he's in the middle of a "K-turn", rather than parked.
John Mc.
2015-03-16 08:16:05 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Found this browsing Reddit. Made me think of you and the idiot parkers
you deal with.
http://i.imgur.com/xliQ8.jpg
This is sort of like the problem at the local Meijer store. They've a
huge parking lot with easy access to the interstate. So there's a
tendency for semi drivers to use it as an overnight truck-stop. Now I've
no problem with that per se but instead of parking out in the back forty
to sleep they all congregate around the main store entrance. And trust
me they don't care how they park or what they block. I've gone round and
round with the management about at least semi-enforcing the signs about
no overnight parking. I've even shown them video of one trucking line
that uses their lot as a switch point for trailers. That can't be good
for the asphalt. But just like SWMB they don't listen to John.

John Mc.
( Very sad life. Probably have... very sad death. But... at least there
is symmetry. )
Les Albert
2015-03-16 17:31:47 UTC
Post by John Mc.
This is sort of like the problem at the local Meijer store. They've a
huge parking lot with easy access to the interstate. So there's a
tendency for semi drivers to use it as an overnight truck-stop. Now I've
no problem with that per se but instead of parking out in the back forty
to sleep they all congregate around the main store entrance. And trust
me they don't care how they park or what they block. I've gone round and
round with the management about at least semi-enforcing the signs about
no overnight parking. I've even shown them video of one trucking line
that uses their lot as a switch point for trailers. That can't be good
for the asphalt. But just like SWMB they don't listen to John.
John Mc.
( Very sad life. Probably have... very sad death. But... at least there
is symmetry. )
It can't be bothersome to you for not being able to park close to the
entrance because you like to park your truck away from other people
anyway, and it's a huge parking area. So, why do you care to the
point of mentioning it several times to the manager, and taking videos
of the trailer switching?

Les
John Mc.
2015-03-17 19:52:52 UTC
Post by Les Albert
Post by John Mc.
[...]
You would be correct if we were talking about 4 or 5 trucks but it's
more like 20-25 and when they park they've no concern for HOW they park.
It's not: " Down by the station. Early in the morning. See the little
pufferbellies. All in a row." But rather some parked longitudinal and
some laterally. Add in the snow piles from the past winter and it was
somewhat daunting to even try to park. Mind you this is fairly early of
a morning. I suppose if they had a little more rhyme and reason to their
parking pattern it would be alright. But they are literally strewn all
about the lot so even if I want to park out away from the main door I'm
prevented from it and have to squeeze into a space by the door.

John Mc.
Les Albert
2015-03-18 03:15:04 UTC
Post by John Mc.
Post by Les Albert
Post by John Mc.
[...]
That's worse than I pictured it, and I can now understand your anger
at the situation. I'm guessing the manager doesen't want to do
anything about the trucks because all those transient truck drivers
must represent a fair amount of spending when they stop in the parking
lot.

Les
Greg Goss
2015-03-17 01:56:46 UTC
Post by John Mc.
This is sort of like the problem at the local Meijer store. They've a
huge parking lot with easy access to the interstate. So there's a
tendency for semi drivers to use it as an overnight truck-stop. Now I've
no problem with that per se but instead of parking out in the back forty
to sleep they all congregate around the main store entrance. And trust
me they don't care how they park or what they block. I've gone round and
round with the management about at least semi-enforcing the signs about
no overnight parking. I've even shown them video of one trucking line
that uses their lot as a switch point for trailers. That can't be good
for the asphalt. But just like SWMB they don't listen to John.
In BC, the main freeway to the interior (#5 "Coquihalla A and B")
meets with the freeway to the big city of the interior (#97C
"Coquihalla Connector" or "Coke C" to Kelowna) and a minor highway
west at Merritt.

The McD just off the highway in Merritt has a huge parking lot with an
area marked off in sixty or eighty foot spaces for trucks. But I
don't know how much they enforce moving 'em on.
Greg Goss
2015-03-17 02:29:04 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
The McD just off the highway in Merritt has a huge parking lot with an
area marked off in sixty or eighty foot spaces for trucks. But I
don't know how much they enforce moving 'em on.
OK, I misremembered. There were only two such spaces, and two small
for semis. So they're aimed more at travel trailers.

http://tinyurl.com/mht6jst

I wonder if they sold some of their parking to the Timmy's next door,
which never used to be there when I was driving the Coke all the time
in the early twokays.
Charles Bishop
2015-03-17 15:27:37 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
Post by Greg Goss
The McD just off the highway in Merritt has a huge parking lot with an
area marked off in sixty or eighty foot spaces for trucks. But I
don't know how much they enforce moving 'em on.
OK, I misremembered. There were only two such spaces, and two small
for semis. So they're aimed more at travel trailers.
http://tinyurl.com/mht6jst
It looks like cars park in the spaces anyway. The same thing happens at
a local Home Depot. They have 3 or 4 spaces for work trucks and trailers
to park in. They were labeled for "trucks and trailers" but no one pays
attention and will park there anyway. I don't have to use a trailer for
what I buy, but don't see the need to save walking 50 feet by parking in
them.
charles
Greg Goss
2015-03-18 05:57:56 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
OK, I misremembered. There were only two such spaces, and two small
for semis. So they're aimed more at travel trailers.
Two small? In a forum populated by writers? AAAaaaargh!
Hactar
2015-03-18 06:38:46 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
Post by Greg Goss
OK, I misremembered. There were only two such spaces, and two small
for semis. So they're aimed more at travel trailers.
Two small? In a forum populated by writers? AAAaaaargh!
Oh. I was thinking you meant "two small [ones]".
--
-eben ***@vTerYizUonI.nOetP ebmanda.redirectme.net:81
LIBRA: A big promotion is just around the corner for someone
remember that when your appendix bursts next week. -- Weird Al
Questor
Nobody listens to Zathrus!
bill van
2017-06-12 05:23:38 UTC
Post by Questor
Post by John Mc.
Post by Tim Wright
[...]
Why are you replying to a bunch of two-year-old posts?

And why make one of them a D.F. Manno post? We just found out about a
month ago that Dom died last year. As Lesmond said, he's not in a
position to fight back.

What's happening with you?
bill
Questor
Nobody listens to Zathrus!
Charles Bishop
2017-08-01 22:03:21 UTC
Post by Questor
Post by John Mc.
Post by Tim Wright
Found this browsing Reddit. Made me think of you and the idiot parkers
you deal with.
http://i.imgur.com/xliQ8.jpg
Piggybacking-
Post by Questor
Post by John Mc.
This is sort of like the problem at the local Meijer store. They've a
huge parking lot with easy access to the interstate. So there's a
tendency for semi drivers to use it as an overnight truck-stop. Now I've
no problem with that per se but instead of parking out in the back forty
to sleep they all congregate around the main store entrance. And trust
me they don't care how they park or what they block. I've gone round and
round with the management about at least semi-enforcing the signs about
no overnight parking. I've even shown them video of one trucking line
that uses their lot as a switch point for trailers. That can't be good
for the asphalt. But just like SWMB they don't listen to John.
Has She been demoted?
Post by Questor
Post by John Mc.
John Mc.
( Very sad life. Probably have... very sad death. But... at least there
is symmetry. )
Nobody listens to Zathrus!
He's dead, yes?
charles
John Mc.
2017-08-02 11:40:32 UTC
Post by Charles Bishop
Post by Questor
Post by Questor
Post by John Mc.
John Mc.
( Very sad life. Probably have... very sad death. But... at least there
is symmetry. )
Nobody listens to Zathrus!
He's dead, yes?
"Zathras gone!" , "Zathras warned Zathras, but Zathras never listened to
Zathras"

"Very sad "

John Mc.