Napoleonland
Veronique
2012-01-23 17:46:19 UTC
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/France-plans-Napoleonland.html

"...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site of
the brilliant but doomed French leader’s final victory against the
Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers and
horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during the
revolution – the precursor to Napoleon’s rise to power."

V.
Veronique Chez Sheep
Opus the Penguin
2012-01-23 21:13:19 UTC
Post by Veronique
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
"...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
of the brilliant but doomed French leader’s final victory against
the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
the revolution – the precursor to Napoleon’s rise to power."
I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
--
Opus the Penguin
The best darn penguin in all of Usenet
Les Albert
2012-01-24 02:05:27 UTC
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:13:19 +0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Veronique
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
"...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
of the brilliant but doomed French leader’s final victory against
the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
the revolution – the precursor to Napoleon’s rise to power."
I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.

Les
Bill Kinkaid
2012-01-24 15:31:54 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, lalbert1
@aol.com says...
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Veronique
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
"...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
of the brilliant but doomed French leader?s final victory against
the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
the revolution ? the precursor to Napoleon?s rise to power."
I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.
Les
Speaking of which. Someone from Down Sowth mistakes the Vancouver Police
Chief Jim Chu (who is Chinese-Canadian) for an Eskimo.

http://www.vancourier.com/life/12th+Cambie+chuckles/6012878/story.html
--
Bill in Vancouver
https://picasaweb.google.com/BillKinkaid
Boron Elgar
2012-01-24 16:02:38 UTC
Post by Bill Kinkaid
@aol.com says...
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Veronique
[...]
We Quinns get mistaken for Eskimos all the time.

Boron
David J. Martin
2012-01-24 16:41:02 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
Post by Bill Kinkaid
@aol.com says...
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Veronique
[...]
It must be the pigeons.

David
lee ayrton
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy.
N Jill Marsh
2012-01-24 17:26:34 UTC
Post by Bill Kinkaid
@aol.com says...
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Veronique
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
"...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
of the brilliant but doomed French leader?s final victory against
the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
the revolution ? the precursor to Napoleon?s rise to power."
I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.
Speaking of which. Someone from Down Sowth mistakes the Vancouver Police
Chief Jim Chu (who is Chinese-Canadian) for an Eskimo.
http://www.vancourier.com/life/12th+Cambie+chuckles/6012878/story.html
I can see it, although I don't know how one would continue to make the
mistake if one knew his last name.

nj"wrong name, wrong accent, wrong uniform, wrong face"m
"You always know after you are two. Two is the beginning of the end"
John Dean
2012-01-25 00:03:08 UTC
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Veronique
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
"...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
of the brilliant but doomed French leader's final victory against
the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
the revolution - the precursor to Napoleon's rise to power."
I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.
And coined the phrase "You've got to be Inuit to win it".
--
John Dean
Oxford
Beaver Fever
There's a Napoleonville, in Louisiana
James Ronald
2023-04-18 05:48:44 UTC
Don't pass up the opportunity to visit our page and find what you're looking for with a single click!
https://brazilfrozenfoods.net/product/frozen-chicken-mid-joint-wings/