Who Remembers Jack & Marion's?
Jeff Wisnia
2014-10-03 20:58:11 UTC
For those of you who were around Red Sox Nation way back when, like I was:

Just look at those prices and wish you were a time traveler.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jack Campin
2014-10-03 21:31:14 UTC
Post by Jeff Wisnia
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/Temp_Jeff/J&M.jpg
Just look at those prices and wish you were a time traveler.
What's the date? And where?

(My wife's name is Marion - I can imagine that going on the wall in
the kitchen).

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
Jeff Wisnia
2014-10-04 02:57:41 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
Post by Jeff Wisnia
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/Temp_Jeff/J&M.jpg
Just look at those prices and wish you were a time traveler.
What's the date? And where?
(My wife's name is Marion - I can imagine that going on the wall in
the kitchen).
mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
A large Jewish Delicatessen in Brookline, Massachusetts, USA, a
contiguous suburb of Boston.

Owned by Jack Solomon, whose wife was Marion. Their son Jimmy was also
involved in the business.

It was in operation before I came to college in the Boston area in 1953
and remained open until January 1971.

I spent a lot of time there during those years, IIRC they stayed open
until 1 AM, so it was a good place to go after end an evening out.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
a***@yahoo.com
2014-10-04 16:29:46 UTC
Post by Jeff Wisnia
A large Jewish Delicatessen in Brookline, Massachusetts, USA, a
contiguous suburb of Boston.
It was in operation before I came to college in the Boston area in 1953
and remained open until January 1971.
My father lived in Brookline; I wonder whether he ever went there. We visited Brookline a few times when I was growing up (I was born in Worcester), but I don't know if I ever went there or not.
My father came to the US as a teenager; he lived with a foster family in Brookline.
Hactar
2014-10-04 17:18:23 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Jeff Wisnia
A large Jewish Delicatessen in Brookline, Massachusetts, USA, a
contiguous suburb of Boston.
It was in operation before I came to college in the Boston area in 1953
and remained open until January 1971.
My father lived in Brookline; I wonder whether he ever went there. We
visited Brookline a few times when I was growing up (I was born in
Worcester), but I don't know if I ever went there or not.
My father came to the US as a teenager; he lived with a foster family in Brookline.
Does that last syllable sound like "line" or like "linn" as in "Brooklyn"?
--
-eben ***@vTerYizUonI.nOetP ebmanda.redirectme.net:81
LIBRA: A big promotion is just around the corner for someone
remember that when your appendix bursts next week. -- Weird Al
a***@yahoo.com
2014-10-04 18:16:15 UTC
Post by Hactar
Does that last syllable sound like "line" or like "linn" as in "Brooklyn"?
Line

Marilyn Padnes
2023-01-16 22:47:37 UTC
http://youtu.be/-FPXaT9px6U
Marilyn Padnes
2023-01-16 22:48:56 UTC
http://youtu.be/-FPXaT9px6U
Marilyn Padnes
2023-01-16 22:54:52 UTC
My husband, Steve, and I had our first date here on Oct. 9,1967. We were married almost 50 years , until his recent death. We fell in love at Jack and Marion's. We moved from Boston so, unfortunately, we never returned to the restaurant. We always remembered.
Snidely
2023-01-17 18:13:12 UTC
Post by Marilyn Padnes
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Hactar
Does that last syllable sound like "line" or like "linn" as in "Brooklyn"?
Line
http://youtu.be/-FPXaT9px6U
My husband, Steve, and I had our first date here on Oct. 9,1967. We were
married almost 50 years , until his recent death. We fell in love at Jack
and Marion's. We moved from Boston so, unfortunately, we never returned to
the restaurant. We always remembered.
Nice.

My Boston memories can be measured in days, and were centered over
towards Maynard.

/dps
--
You could try being nicer and politer
Post by Marilyn Padnes
instead, and see how that works out.
-- Katy Jennison
Michael Forrest
2023-03-09 10:51:51 UTC
Don't pass up the opportunity to visit our page and find what you're looking for with a single click!
https://zhengzhoudahlia.com/product-category/concrete-beam-machines/