RIP Tony Bennett
HVS
2023-07-21 14:10:44 UTC
96; not a bad innings....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/21/tony-bennett-us-singer-
with-seven-decade-career-dies-aged-96
--
Cheers,
Harvey
Snidely
2023-07-21 18:24:13 UTC
HVS is guilty of <***@135.181.20.170> as of
7/21/2023 7:10:44 AM
Post by HVS
96; not a bad innings....
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/21/tony-bennett-us-singer-
with-seven-decade-career-dies-aged-96
Long one of my favorite voices.

/dps
--
"First thing in the morning, before I have coffee, I read the obits, If
I'm not in it, I'll have breakfast." -- Carl Reiner, to CBS News in
2015.
Michael Trew
2023-07-27 04:23:47 UTC
Post by Snidely
7/21/2023 7:10:44 AM
96; not a bad innings....
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/21/tony-bennett-us-singer-
with-seven-decade-career-dies-aged-96
Long one of my favorite voices.
/dps
I despise most pop music, but I have to admit that Lady Gaga has an
incredible range... listening to her sing with Tony Bennett, I would
have never guessed who was singing with him, had I not seen her on video.
Snidely
2023-07-28 23:08:32 UTC
Michael Trew pounded on thar keyboard to tell us
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Snidely
7/21/2023 7:10:44 AM
96; not a bad innings....
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/21/tony-bennett-us-singer-
with-seven-decade-career-dies-aged-96
Long one of my favorite voices.
/dps
I despise most pop music, but I have to admit that Lady Gaga has an
incredible range... listening to her sing with Tony Bennett, I would have
never guessed who was singing with him, had I not seen her on video.
It seems Tony very much enjoyed doing duets ... the list of covoices is
very long.

/dps
--
As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."
Bill in Vancouver
Boron Elgar
2023-07-29 10:44:39 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Snidely
7/21/2023 7:10:44 AM
96; not a bad innings....
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/21/tony-bennett-us-singer-
with-seven-decade-career-dies-aged-96
Long one of my favorite voices.
/dps
I despise most pop music, but I have to admit that Lady Gaga has an
incredible range... listening to her sing with Tony Bennett, I would have
never guessed who was singing with him, had I not seen her on video.
It seems Tony very much enjoyed doing duets ... the list of covoices is
very long.
/dps
There did not seem to be much mention of his painting skills. Some of
his works were really lovely.
Beaver Fever
2023-08-05 20:51:47 UTC
96; not a bad innings....
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/21/tony-bennett-us-singer-
with-seven-decade-career-dies-aged-96
--
Cheers,
Harvey
I saw him a few times toward the end.

Damn lockdown, had to give so much money back on shows that were canceled.