Wow! Diamond surprises
Snidely
2024-04-29 08:38:38 UTC
It's startling to see the Athletics with a better record (so far, about
30 games into the season) than the Astros.

20 years ago it probably wouldn't have been a surprise.

/dps
Ieri, oggi, domani
Snidely
2024-05-29 01:12:23 UTC
It's startling to see the Athletics with a better record (so far, about 30
games into the season) than the Astros.
20 years ago it probably wouldn't have been a surprise.
The Athletics have slowed down, now at 22-33, but the Astros have only
barely edged ahead at 24-30. The Royals, on the other hand, have
definietly picked it up .... 34-21.

3 teams left with under 20 wins. At the other end, 3 teams past 35
wins.

/dps
--
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same.
-- the World Wide Web
Snidely
2024-05-29 01:57:59 UTC
It's startling to see the Athletics with a better record (so far, about 30
games into the season) than the Astros.
20 years ago it probably wouldn't have been a surprise.
The Athletics have slowed down, now at 22-33, but the Astros have only barely
edged ahead at 24-30. The Royals, on the other hand, have definietly picked
it up .... 34-21.
3 teams left with under 20 wins. At the other end, 3 teams past 35 wins.
We need Richard R. Hershberger to chime in on the first team ever to
get to 35 wins in a season.

/dps "got your wedges for Trivial Pursuit(tm)?"
Ieri, oggi, domani
Boron Elgar
Astros suck.
Snidely
2024-05-29 18:19:45 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
Post by Snidely
It's startling to see the Athletics with a better record (so far, about 30
games into the season) than the Astros.
20 years ago it probably wouldn't have been a surprise.
The Athletics have slowed down, now at 22-33, but the Astros have only
barely edged ahead at 24-30. The Royals, on the other hand, have
definietly picked it up .... 34-21.
3 teams left with under 20 wins. At the other end, 3 teams past 35
wins.
/dps
Astros suck.
I'm glad there is no bitterness.

-d
Trust, but verify.
Boron Elgar
The feelings have only to do with them being cheaters.
Snidely
2024-05-29 19:53:09 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
Post by Snidely
Post by Boron Elgar
Post by Snidely
Post by Snidely
It's startling to see the Athletics with a better record (so far, about
30 games into the season) than the Astros.
20 years ago it probably wouldn't have been a surprise.
The Athletics have slowed down, now at 22-33, but the Astros have only
barely edged ahead at 24-30. The Royals, on the other hand, have
definietly picked it up .... 34-21.
3 teams left with under 20 wins. At the other end, 3 teams past 35
wins.
/dps
Astros suck.
I'm glad there is no bitterness.
-d
The feelings have only to do with them being cheaters.
So I surmised.

-d
--
I have always been glad we weren't killed that night. I do not know
any particular reason, but I have always been glad.