Hey guys, I'm back
Opus the Penguin
2024-08-13 20:28:35 UTC
Where'd everybody go?
--
Opus the Penguin
The Best Darn Penguin in All of Usenet
www.avg.com
Snidely
2024-08-13 21:13:49 UTC
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
People forgot how to use a noose reeder.

Whatcha got?
Post by Opus the Penguin
--
Opus the Penguin
The Best Darn Penguin in All of Usenet
A sign of hope, there.

/dps
--
"It wasn't just a splash in the pan"
-- lectricbikes.com
Opus the Penguin
2024-08-14 00:12:44 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
People forgot how to use a noose reeder.
Whatcha got?
COVID! Mrs. Penguin and I held out for 4 1/2 years and then decided, what
the heck, everybody else is doing it....
www.avg.com
Snidely
2024-08-14 01:57:49 UTC
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
People forgot how to use a noose reeder.
Whatcha got?
COVID! Mrs. Penguin and I held out for 4 1/2 years and then decided, what
the heck, everybody else is doing it....
The current vintage is preferrable to the first pressings, at least.
Hope it runs milder than you do.

/dps
--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain
Opus the Penguin
2024-08-14 02:35:20 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
People forgot how to use a noose reeder.
Whatcha got?
COVID! Mrs. Penguin and I held out for 4 1/2 years and then decided,
what the heck, everybody else is doing it....
The current vintage is preferrable to the first pressings, at least.
Hope it runs milder than you do.
Seems to be. Mrs. P developed symptoms first and is almost completely
better after a week. I'm on the mend. While it hasn't been pleasant,
we've definitely had worse experiences of viral or bacterial nature.
We're both fully vaccinated, and that's supposed to reduce symptoms. So I
credit the vax for some of this, but there's obviously no way to verify
and deniers gonna deny. We also both got Paxlovid, so some credit may go
to that as well. As long as we don't end up with the long version, this
hasn't been horrific. I'd still rate the experience a 0/5 WOULD NOT
CONTRACT AGAIN, of course.
www.avg.com
Snidely
2024-08-25 01:35:33 UTC
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
[...]
It seems that it's been a busy COVID-19 season, but with the attractive
feature that emergency room visits and hospitalizations seem to be much
lower than in previous high infection waves.

Updated vaccines may be available soon.

(My own COVID-19 encounter was two years ago, after a trip to
Pensacola., and temperature was my main symptom. Vaxxed before and
after.)

/dps
Yes, I have had a cucumber soda. Why do you ask?
Snidely
2024-08-25 03:21:51 UTC
On Saturday or thereabouts, Snidely asked ...
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
[...]
Oh, yeah, there's a URL:
<URL:https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/08/amid-summer-covid-surge-fda-reportedly-poised-to-approve-updated-shots/>

/dps
Who, me? And what lacuna?
Snidely
2024-08-26 23:28:45 UTC
Post by Opus the Penguin
Post by Snidely
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
People forgot how to use a noose reeder.
Whatcha got?
COVID! Mrs. Penguin and I held out for 4 1/2 years and then decided, what
the heck, everybody else is doing it....
So, any particular topic you'd suggest? Whether weather or not able
storms, or pun cascades? Pet antics or antic Petes?

/dps
--
Rule #0: Don't be on fire.
In case of fire, exit the building before tweeting about it.
(Sighting reported by Adam F)
Boron Elgar
2024-08-13 23:05:05 UTC
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 20:28:35 -0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
Ahem
danny burstein
2024-08-13 23:07:22 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 20:28:35 -0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
--
Opus the Penguin
The Best Darn Penguin in All of Usenet
Ahem
shhhh, we're westing in the refrigerators..
***@panix.com
Opus the Penguin
2024-08-14 00:12:42 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by Boron Elgar
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 20:28:35 -0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
--
Opus the Penguin
The Best Darn Penguin in All of Usenet
Ahem
shhhh, we're westing in the refrigerators..
Is that why they're called Westinghouses?
www.avg.com
Opus the Penguin
2024-08-14 00:12:43 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 20:28:35 -0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
--
Opus the Penguin
The Best Darn Penguin in All of Usenet
Ahem
Yay!
www.avg.com
Rick B.
2024-08-14 03:30:05 UTC
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
Someplace we'd rather not be. No, not there.
Opus the Penguin
2024-08-14 05:07:34 UTC
Post by Rick B.
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
Someplace we'd rather not be.
Uh oh....
Post by Rick B.
No, not there.
Whew! For a second I thought you'd gone to Facebook.
www.avg.com
Kerr-Mudd, John
2024-08-14 16:29:47 UTC
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 20:28:35 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
Not that bothered with other peoples coin collection, so no input here.
Post by Opus the Penguin
www.avg.com
What a relief!
Eicar says try this:

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
Bah, and indeed Humbug.
Opus the Penguin
2024-08-14 18:44:55 UTC
Post by Opus the Penguin
Where'd everybody go?
Not that bothered with other peoples coin collection, so no input here.
Post by Opus the Penguin
www.avg.com
I didn't realize AVG was doing this. We'll see if I've succeeded in
turning it off.
Post by Boron Elgar
What a relief!
I wouldn't know where to start.
Post by Boron Elgar
--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.
I'd forgotten this sig. Makes me feel all warm inside.
Kerr-Mudd, John
2024-08-15 07:58:56 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
What a relief!
I wouldn't know where to start.
AVG should flag it; it's executable text (on an x86 DOS machine anyhow)
non-virus.

Looking good.
Post by Opus the Penguin