Happy Harvest Celebration
Snidely
2023-11-24 02:07:31 UTC
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.

/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
--
As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."
Bill in Vancouver
Boron Elgar
2023-11-24 04:04:18 UTC
Post by Snidely
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.
/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
We all saved room for a bit of the lemon meringue or chocolate pies.
Must maintain the family tradition.

Hope you and yours had a nice day.
Snidely
2023-11-24 11:01:43 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
Post by Snidely
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.
/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
We all saved room for a bit of the lemon meringue or chocolate pies.
Must maintain the family tradition.
Hope you and yours had a nice day.
Went pretty well, thank you. Good to hear you got the important stuff
taken care of!

/dps
--
"I'm glad unicorns don't ever need upgrades."
"We are as up as it is possible to get graded!"
_Phoebe and Her Unicorn_, 2016.05.15
b***@shaw.ca
2023-11-26 20:31:04 UTC
Post by Boron Elgar
Post by Snidely
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.
/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
We all saved room for a bit of the lemon meringue or chocolate pies.
Must maintain the family tradition.
Hope you and yours had a nice day.
We did, but that was on Oct. 9. Harvest festival north of the 49th.

bill
Bob
2023-11-24 18:41:03 UTC
Post by Snidely
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.
/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
--
As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."
Bill in Vancouver
Don and I got sick, possibly at the doctor's (we had appointments together). Don denies that he's sick, even though he's coughing loudly, but then he denies dementia too. It's a cold that went immediately to my chest, so probably Covid-19, just like twice 2 years ago. Good thing we weren't having company.

Bob in Andover
Snidely
2023-11-24 23:03:46 UTC
Bob pounded on thar keyboard to tell us
Post by Bob
Post by Snidely
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.
/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
--
As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."
Bill in Vancouver
Don and I got sick, possibly at the doctor's (we had appointments together).
Don denies that he's sick, even though he's coughing loudly, but then he
denies dementia too. It's a cold that went immediately to my chest, so
probably Covid-19, just like twice 2 years ago. Good thing we weren't having
company.
Bob in Andover
Yikes!

Hope improvement is rapid.

-d
--
But happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue. One must have a reason
to 'be happy.'"
Viktor Frankl
Bob
Still got bronchitis, could hang on for weeks.
Les Albert
2023-12-02 22:49:13 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Don and I got sick, possibly at the doctor's (we had appointments together).
Don denies that he's sick, even though he's coughing loudly, but then he denies
dementia too. It's a cold that went immediately to my chest, so probably Covid-19,
just like twice 2 years ago. Good thing we weren't having company.
Still got bronchitis, could hang on for weeks.
Have you had covid and/or rsv shots?

Les
Bob
2023-12-03 16:57:17 UTC
Post by Les Albert
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Don and I got sick, possibly at the doctor's (we had appointments together).
Don denies that he's sick, even though he's coughing loudly, but then he denies
dementia too. It's a cold that went immediately to my chest, so probably Covid-19,
just like twice 2 years ago. Good thing we weren't having company.
Still got bronchitis, could hang on for weeks.
Have you had covid and/or rsv shots?
Les
Double vaxxed for Covid in 2021, but that's pretty irrelevant considering I seemed to have caught the prevalent strains in Nov. 2021 and then Jan. 2022. I did the rapid test yesterday, negative for whatever strains it detects. Also vaccinated against this season's expected flu and pneumococcal pneumonia. Getting better fast, though.

I'm asthmatic and just get bronchitis easily and bad, but the rhonchi in this case were louder than I had with parainfluenza B in the spring of 2018.

Bob in Andover
Bob
And now how did diarrhea (re)enter this picture?
Bob
I'm guessing it's neither the virus nor cellular-level immune response, but from all the swallowing of mucus and air (from coughing fits). The MgCl2-containing Smart Water my sister had me sent (and which I drank a liter of without reading the label) is long out of my system.
Beaver Fever
2023-11-24 23:44:08 UTC
Post by Snidely
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.
/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
--
As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."
Bill in Vancouver
I ate a breakfast burrito then went and saw Napoleon

Girlfriend is visiting her kids out of state and too much drama at my mom's.

I have a cat now so I didn't spend it all alone.
Bob
2023-11-25 13:46:41 UTC
Was it a burrito of magic mushrooms?!
Snidely
2023-11-25 21:17:27 UTC
Post by Beaver Fever
Post by Snidely
With or without Meleagris gallopavo, with or without a
wheat-barley-hops blend, with or without stomped grapes.
/dps "hope you have a sufficiency"
--
As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."
Bill in Vancouver
I ate a breakfast burrito then went and saw Napoleon
Girlfriend is visiting her kids out of state and too much drama at my mom's.
I have a cat now so I didn't spend it all alone.
Well, you made it through another one, at least.

/dps
--
Ieri, oggi, domani